Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Geeks with Guns ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthina View Post
    My daughter was born on a military base with the sound of artillery in the background.
    This her?

When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

... ._. That's a terrifying image... It's twice her size! I have nothing against guns, but holy mother of guns it's huge!
    "People are more opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs"

I'm guessing it's one of these:

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/large-ca...rett-m2-e.html

Caliber: .50 BMG (12.7 x 99mm)
    Operation: Short Recoil, Semi-Automatic
    Overall Length: 1448 mm
    Barrel Length: 737 mm
    Feed Device: 10 Round Detachable Box Magazine
    Sights: 10X Telescopic
    Weight: 12.9 kg empty
    Muzzle Velocity: 854 m/s (M33 Ball)
    Max Effective Range: 1800 meters
    Expected accuracy: 1.5 - 2.0 MOA or better

YouTube user DemolitionRanch has a lot of fun with one of those on Fridays: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...jBaKm7VGL3Qf1J
    When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10318694.html
    Vladimir Gotlibovsky, 42, had the gun in his pocket and accidentally set it off when reaching for his seating card, according to New York police.

The bullet ricocheted off the floor and grazed the head of 55-year-old Maya Rafailovich. Mrs Rafailovich was taken to a Manhattan hospital with non-life threatening injuries and was discharged late last night.

Four others a 38-year-old woman, a 45-year-old woman and a 59-year-old man suffered leg injuries when they were hit by shattered glass, tile and marble. They were treated at surrounding hospitals but their injuries were not thought to be serious.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10318837.html

A young woman has died after she was accidentally hit in the head by gunfire during a wedding party in France.

The woman, believed to be aged around 19 or 20, was in the street when celebratory shots were fired from a procession of cars taking part in a wedding in Marly, northern France.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-8922078.html
    An eight-year-old boy accidentally shot a five-year-old child in the face, police have confirmed.

Some tents rented and set up and a little shopping cash for Midnight Madness...

^^^^^ Aoife Madden with a what?

Anyway ...

A Florida man accidentally shot himself while cleaning his handgun, but only noticed two days later when he changed his shirt and discovered the bullet hole in his arm.

Michael Blevins, 37, checked himself into a hospital in Orange City, Florida on Saturday after finding entrance and exit wounds in his arm. According to the Daytona Beach News-Journal, Mr Blevins told police he had been cleaning his .22 calibre pistol last Thursday when he held the weapon to his chest to prevent his dog jumping up at it.

As he stood up, his bad back gave out, he fell and hit his head on a glass coffee table. He heard a gunshot at the time, he said, but felt no pain – perhaps because he was taking medication for his back pain. It was only on Saturday, as he changed from his long-sleeved black shirt into a light brown one, that he realised he had injured himself.

Husband and wife accidentally shot during church gun safety talk

A man accidentally shot himself and his wife during a discussion on gun safety at a Tennessee church, police say.

The 81-year-old took out his pistol to show another parishioner amid a talk about recent shootings at places of worship.

Forgetting the weapon was loaded, he fired a single round, striking himself in the hand and his 80-year-old wife, who was sitting in her wheelchair.

"The discussion of guns in churches came up," she said. "Should we have guns in churches, if people carry guns should they bring them to church?"

She said one of the parishioners mentioned that he carries his pistol with him everywhere.

The man produced the handgun from his pocket, removed the magazine, and handed it to other churchgoers to inspect.

He then took his weapon back, restored the magazine, holstered the weapon and put it back in his pocket, Mistin said.

Another parishioner later asked to see the weapon.

The man produced the gun and accidentally pulled the trigger.

"They heard a big explosion," said Mistin. "Wasn't sure what it was, and Miss Nicole looked at Miss Catherine, and Miss Catherine looked at her and she said, 'I've been shot.'"

The bullet hit the gun-owner in the right hand before piercing his wife's abdomen and exiting through her right forearm, ricocheting off the wall and landing by her wheelchair, according to police.

Mistin said the man may have lost his thumb.