Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081

Thread: AAR notes (or things bobcat is no longer allowed to do in the army)

i am not supposed to begin a meeting at the VA Liaison Office with the phrase "since your file cabinet ate my paperwork again..."
    while it does speed things up during class i am not supposed to translate what the proffesor is saying into terms a cadet can understand.
    i should not laugh at campus security when they search my roommates side of the room for contraband and completely ignore the contraband easily visible on my side of the room
    while turning a spent AT4 i found on Ebay into a lamp is cool i should not refer to it as "lighting the dorms up with a rocket launcher"
    the legal department gets worried when i lead a joint physics club/computer science club project.
    to find me, you must be good.
    to catch me, you must be quick
    to defeat me, you must be joking.

if a proposal for my senior project requires authorization from the NRC the school will not credit it.

One of our supervisors has a habit of holding the microphone so close to his mouth it must be getting wet and then shouting into it. It is loud and annoying. Sometimes he does this right in front of another radio on the same frequency, creating feedback. This is louder and more annoying.
    It is alright to snarl "Fuck off" at your own radio when he does this.
    It is alright to turn off your own radio for a minute or two so you can't hear him.
    It is alright to snarl "Fuck off" while turning off your own radio for a minute or two so you can't hear him.
    It is alright to hold your own transmit button so you can't hear him.
    It is alright to snap "Fuck off!" then hold your own transmit button so you can't hear him.
    Holding your own transmit button so you can't hear him and then yelling "FUCK OFF WILL YOU, YOU NOISY TWAT?!?" is not recommended. Actually, he can't hear you if you do, because he's too busy shouting into his mic, but still ...
    When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

when applying for a job with campus IT my cover letter should not include the phrase "since everyone currently working there is inept".
    i am still not allowed to explain the blank spots in my resume, nor will i for the next 50 or so years.
    when the lady running the bar tell me and the musicians i have found myself drinking with that it's last call, that does not mean order a pitcher for everyone at the table.