Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: beer

Default beer

ok so i know we had a thread but i can't find it and am not awake enough and too lazing to really search...but i did try so

last night we did our nightly ...hey its the weekend, have a drink, eat some snacks and have some sort of drink

we had two types of beer, both where very good but a lil different than anything i am used to

the first was a light dark beer... black baron schwars bier a german beer. light because the flavor doesnt hit you hard or stay with you long. the alcohol per volume was only 4.5
    the beed was very good and would be great to drink again, it was fruity and kind of reminded me of the color purple and grapes... odd i know but still

the second beer was...stronger and blond... at 12% per volume. hubby made a joke when he saw that on the can, that it was like wine at that point. after drinking i had to agree. the taste was very much like a weird mix of wine and beer but done really well.... was the name that got me the most
    bear beer, a danish beer
    [/QUOTE] and Captain Kitty says.... "Oooooooh! You kinky bitch!" [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by RazorJAK View Post
    Yeah yeah, you're the type of girl who would be whispering "Safewords are for quitters." in my ear. :-P
    http://www.zazzle.com/shalla/

Quote Originally Posted by Tipouf View Post
    ok so i know we had a thread but i can't find it and am not awake enough and too lazing to really search...but i did try so

last night we did our nightly ...hey its the weekend, have a drink, eat some snacks and have some sort of drink

we had two types of beer, both where very good but a lil different than anything i am used to

the first was a light dark beer... black baron schwars bier a german beer. light because the flavor doesnt hit you hard or stay with you long. the alcohol per volume was only 4.5
    the beed was very good and would be great to drink again, it was fruity and kind of reminded me of the color purple and grapes... odd i know but still

the second beer was...stronger and blond... at 12% per volume. hubby made a joke when he saw that on the can, that it was like wine at that point. after drinking i had to agree. the taste was very much like a weird mix of wine and beer but done really well.... was the name that got me the most
    bear beer, a danish beer
    German Raspberry Lambic.

the place where the Falling Angel meets the Rising Ape.

Lambics are awesome. I wish I could find the really ODD one that I used to drink in college. It was a belgian banana lampic.

I kinda miss my college days. The booze place I used to hit up gave me a volume discount due to how much business I drove his way.

(- I made a point of schoolin' new drinkers in the reality that ANYTHING made by Anheiser is NOT alcohol. It's toilet water. The boozeslinger's business ended up doing so good that he'd throw me a bottle of stuff gratis because he knew that if I liked it; I'd make a good review of it. -)

Even so, it is true that I sometimes like truly crap beer just because it has some kind of appeal.

Michiganders might remember BAD FROG BEER. The normal variety was horrid. But they had a brew called BAD FROG LEMON LAGER. That one was actually ... okay.

"See? That right there is why I check your vagina for traps every time we're about to have sex."

Bear Beer, eh?

I dunno... sounds interesting, but I already have my "Drink with a bear on the bottle" slot filled.

Aside from that, it's Newcastle or Guinness for this guy.

I wish I liked beer. I feel left out.
    Got the boy to buy me a cherry... something beer at renn fest yesterday.
    And then got laughed at for the face I made when I tood a drink. But omg was it nasty.

It was even funnier a few weeks ago when I got given a cup of honey meade.
    First sip- "i... don't think i like this..."
    second sip- "no. no i don't think i like this at all."
    third sip- "definately don't like this." *hands it to the boy*
    ......*picks it back up again and takes another sip* "dammit it keeps tasting okay in retrospect!"

Have you tried schnapps? It's got a phenomenal range from "red-hot ground glass in battery acid" to "syrup" with some warm, sweet, fruity concoctions in between.
    When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

i have not tried schnapps. but it sounds promising.

i'm sort of trying things as the opportunity arises, since i'm not old enough to get anything myself. as such, i have tried, honey meade, cherry beer of some sort, and smirinof ice. and the only thing i've liked is the smirinof ice because it just tastes like soda.

A bottle and a half of Peach Schnapps will turn your body into liquid, I have come to find.

I happen to have a bottle of a very palatable peach schnapps here. It's 23% abv. I think a bottle and a half would be rather too much. A small wine glass is quite a lot. 50ml is a pub measure. Maybe 100ml in a tall glass with lemonade as a ladylike drink?
    When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPirateShea View Post
    I wish I liked beer. I feel left out.
    Got the boy to buy me a cherry... something beer at renn fest yesterday.
    And then got laughed at for the face I made when I tood a drink. But omg was it nasty.

It was even funnier a few weeks ago when I got given a cup of honey meade.
    First sip- "i... don't think i like this..."
    second sip- "no. no i don't think i like this at all."
    third sip- "definately don't like this." *hands it to the boy*
    ......*picks it back up again and takes another sip* "dammit it keeps tasting okay in retrospect!"
    I know exactly what you mean about mead!!! At first I was like "this is ok"..by the end of the bottle I had decided it was the yum

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPirateShea View Post
    i have not tried schnapps. but it sounds promising.

i'm sort of trying things as the opportunity arises, since i'm not old enough to get anything myself. as such, i have tried, honey meade, cherry beer of some sort, and smirinof ice. and the only thing i've liked is the smirinof ice because it just tastes like soda.
    Buttescotch Schnapps and Irish Cream make a very nummy shot, and both go really well in hot chocolate and in coffee, either alone, or in combination

RazorJAK - "[Chinchillas have] always reminded me of something like a chernobyl hamster or something."